Saturday, January 31, 2015

Shoe Shocked


Shoe Shocked

Sun shining bright, what a beautiful day,
perfect weather for a stroll by the bay.

I pick up my shoes, and pick up my socks,
then gasp in horror, I’m in complete shock.

My right shoe wounded, has two holes on one side,
“I can’t be seen in these, I have my pride!”

I look at the boot rack, old dusty runners there,
with their heals lop sided, a rip and a tear.

I’ll try to look casual as I go shopping for shoes,
My two holed loafers, will have to do.

I arrive at the store, to a frenzy and sale,
the showroom’s crowded, I cannot fail.

I’ll have to hurry and get to the racks,
before they’re all gone, they’re not charging the tax.

There’s so many shoes, that I do not like,
the worst were the blues and yellows with pink stripes.

I found ones I like, but they’re not in my size,
Black loafers, cushioned soles, laces and ties.

I search the rack from top to bottom,
but where my size should be, they haven’t got-em.

Looking down, I’m not happy,
the holes now bigger, my shoes look crappy.

I swallow my pride, and asked for assistance,
bowing my head, to my vanity’s insistence.

The salesperson smiles, and asks what I need,
I point to the rack, where my shoes should be.

“I’m sorry sir, we’re all out of stock,”
“Let me check the back, and take a gawk.”

But there below stores counter, are the shoes in my size,
The sales clerk smiles, “You’ve got good eyes.”

I try one on, my elation discrete,
the shoe fits perfect, I’m now complete.

I pay for the shoes, and make for the door,
Thank the salesman and leave the store.

Arriving home, content with my day,
I plan for my walk, down near the bay.

I take out new loafers, gosh they look neat,
but the shoes that I bought, have two left feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

World United Productions

Folk & Acoustic Music - 2010 to 2019

Progressive Rock - 2000 to 2016

Poetry & Prose

Great music not found anywhere else! – The Minstral Show