Sunday, March 1, 2015

Penumbra’s Gate


Penumbra’s Gate

Portals to infinity
so often unseen by most
catch the sorrows of my eyes
ponder my reflected ghost.

Shadows dark retreat in thought
to hypnotic moments, wait
for there in pools on cobble
the frame of Penumbra’s Gate.

It’s beacon calls attention
bending thoughts, to enter minds
hypnotic waves of darkness
that render victims’ blind.

My legs give way, fall to ground
no power to up and rise
that’s when they came to take me
pull me to the other side.

Yet, fear then drew more swiftly
it gathered me to my feet
as courage stood defiant
on Penumbra’s cobbled street.

Twilight imbues the crossing
as puddles dry and fade
uncertain of my bearings
or where my feet have strayed.

Streets are unfamiliar
with malefic atmosphere
demonic laughs from shadows
in voids all wrought with fear.

Frantic, I then start searching
for puddles that hold a door
the gate that pulled me in here
which I can see no more.

But then appears a lamppost
same beacon that drew me in
the scene, just one last puddle
reflects to where I’ve been.

To dash and cross on over
before its darkness expands
and drains the mirror puddle
to ensnare me with its hands.

Lunging forward to the ground
in speculum, eyes are fixed
to pull me through umbra’s door
where two worlds have surely mixed.

In a flash, the weight is gone
no darkness upon my back
from place where I just travelled
the puddle returns to black.

Pensive face checks out the scape
as I climb back to my feet
to see familiar buildings
upon my cobbled street.
---------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Activist Poet

Poetry & Prose

Best Rock Music of 2021

World United Music Promotions

Art & Expression of SF Brennan

The Immune System & the Dangers of a Vaccine after Immunity reached - Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, MD

Healthy Athletes and Heart Problems After Getting the Jab