Sunday, December 25, 2022

Dream Home


Dream Home

If only I could build a home,
on forest land that wasn't owned,
I'd build it by the rivers edge,
enough away, above a ledge.

I’d choose a spot with lots of trees,
that stand like guardians to the breeze,
in coexistence to assure,
with lots of wildlife to be sure.

I’d grow my food that I would share,
and during harvest, say a prayer,
look up to stars and then immerse,
give thanks to God and universe.

I ponder how to make it true,
this dream of mine that I’ve thought through,
before the punch clock steals my prime,
and I’m not left with any time.
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Activist Poet

Poetry & Prose

Best Rock Music of 2021

World United Music Promotions

Art & Expression of SF Brennan

The Immune System & the Dangers of a Vaccine after Immunity reached - Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, MD

Healthy Athletes and Heart Problems After Getting the Jab