Sunday, February 28, 2021

The Road Before Me

 


Photo Credit to timesofindia.indiatimes.com

The Road Before Me

Grey roads stretch before me, with future to unfold,
bathed in golden promise, and vision to behold,
every step a lesson, with all I need to know,
guiding light surrounds me, my compass held in tow.
--------------------------------------------------
SFBrennan

About this Poem: This poem is out of sync with what is really going on in this world, but it was once how I felt in my youth about the future and its prospects. Over the years I learned that the game was rigged and everything I tried to build was either taken from me or destroyed. Today I hold out no hope for the future as the criminals that run the planet are destroying everything including lives and livelihoods that make up our communities…the dream of a bright future is now just ash and smoke…I wrote this because I felt nostalgic, but now it just makes me angry and bitter knowing I was lied to by Charlatans…

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Activist Poet

Poetry & Prose

Best Rock Music of 2021

World United Music Promotions

Art & Expression of SF Brennan

The Immune System & the Dangers of a Vaccine after Immunity reached - Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, MD

Healthy Athletes and Heart Problems After Getting the Jab