Friday, July 12, 2019

Beautiful Stranger



Beautiful Stranger

In your smile I feel what essence is,
by your thoughts, the grace of life,
and your eyes reveal the universe,
a radiance that takes my breath.

My shell dissolves and leaves me naked,
I'm vulnerable when you look my way,
but safe behind this window pane,
you cannot see my shame.

Because I wait for you, at ten past nine,
each and every day,
with promise made, I paint of you,
the rose that feeds my flame.
------------------

About this Poem: Inspired by the quote below from Rumi...

"In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest, where no one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that light becomes this art.” ~Rumi


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Activist Poet

Poetry & Prose

Best Rock Music of 2021

World United Music Promotions

Art & Expression of SF Brennan

The Immune System & the Dangers of a Vaccine after Immunity reached - Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, MD

Healthy Athletes and Heart Problems After Getting the Jab