Monday, October 12, 2020

Autumn Geese



Autumn Geese 

As autumn paints with color,
bright yellows, orange, and red,
cold temperatures freeze the ground,
the grass a frosty bed.

Morning composed the skyline,
in pastel tones with flair,
sunrise set the geese aglow,
like lanterns in the air.

Their song was like a calling,
that tugged my longing soul,
I watched them fly above me,
and felt the urge to go.

Their patterns vee’d in triumph,
above the harvest field,
setting sights then to the south,
migrating from the shield.

Their calling tugged emotions,
like loved ones they compel,
as parting sounds grew smaller,
I sent them my farewell.

Once they had gone, silence grew,
winter not far behind,
the wind then blew much colder,
with a longing I did find.
------------------------------
2nd Edit June 12th, 2022

About this Poem: While on a morning walk in mid October 2020, I witnessed the sun paint the sky on early rise in orange yellow and red, while the foliage mirrored their colors. The grass was green with a frosty white and as the migrating geese flew above me, their bodies glowed like fire while their song captured my yearning to travel with them. A wonderful moment in the Canadian Autumn sunrise.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Activist Poet

Poetry & Prose

Best Rock Music of 2021

World United Music Promotions

Art & Expression of SF Brennan

The Immune System & the Dangers of a Vaccine after Immunity reached - Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, MD

Healthy Athletes and Heart Problems After Getting the Jab