Sunday, March 20, 2016

Western Blindness


Western Blindness

For we who see beyond TV’s noise,
the broken Gaza girls and boys.

The Syrian children screaming far away,
the bombs on Yemen by the Saudi’s today.

Israeli prisons full of children, concrete bed,
Palestine’s suffering, empathy dead.

Of children’s torture, rights abuse, and death,
the silence, their sentence, their last breath.

I who speak out unlike western leaders,
demonized, by misguided readers.

To those who wish my mortal end,
my judge and jury, your message send.

The pain has overwhelmed me today,
I guess you just need to have your say.

But God will judge me, and you too,
What’s important, humanity or you?
---------------------------


1 comment:

World United Productions

Folk & Acoustic Music - 2010 to 2019

Progressive Rock - 2000 to 2016

Poetry & Prose

Great music not found anywhere else! – The Minstral Show